One week down, 51 more to go.
I was never one to make resolutions. I think the notion of resolutions is kind of a farce. Why do I need the New Year to force me to work towards a goal? I mean, whether I wake up to another day in the middle of the year, or the first of the year, every new day brings the chance to work towards something. ANYTHING. I certainly have goals, and this year is no exception. If I accomplish them, it’d be great. If not, it’s okay. I believe that like so many things in life, it’s the journey, rather than the destination, that matters the most. Below are my goals for the year:
– Get into graduate school.
– Get published in an academic journal.
– Pass the TOCFL Master or HSK Level 5.
– Get a policy or IR-related job or internship, preferably in DC.
– Learn to code.
– Run a half-marathon.
– Blog at least once a week.
– Go to mass at least once a month.