Thanks for visiting my blog! I’m a
twenty thirty-something young professional that has lived in the DC area since 2010 currently calling the Bay Area home since January 2020! Follow me along as I share my travel stories, tips on how to travel more while spending less, all while keeping your full-time job.
When I created this blog in April 2011, I had no idea what I was doing. Since then, I’ve used this space primarily as a platform to share my thoughts on a variety of topics: everything from self-motivation, to marketing, to goal setting, to of course my favorite topic: travel. Rather than using this space as a public diary, my goal is to transform OFOS into a resource for those looking to travel more, spend less, and still keep their full-time job.
I hope to do that by focusing on a few things where I can bring a unique perspective based on travel style, which can generally be defined as:
- Traveling as a solo male traveler
- Preferring to travel 4-5 days at a time, rather than taking several weeks off
- Traveling generally during the off-season whenever possible to avoid the crowds
- Taking pictures, though not with any fancy camera; my iPhone6 will
- Traveling frugally, though I’ll happily burn my miles and points to enjoy an amazing flight or hotel experience
Alright, so there you have it. Hope you’ll follow me along on my journey!