Well, it’s exactly halfway through 2014! Here’s a look at how I’m progressing in each of my goals laid out for the year:
- Paid off remainder of my student loans. — In retrospect, I think this goal was a bit too aggressive. I graduated with roughly $85k in loans from undergrad, and despite several months of extended travel in late 2011/early 2012, I began the year with about $42k left. So far this year I’ve paid off an additional $10k, but am hoping to payoff an additional $1k per month for the remainder of the year.
- Ran a half marathon in under two hours. — I haven’t made it just yet, but am making (in my opinion) progress. I’ve FINALLY gotten into a habit of running at least 2-3 times a week from my apartment in Arlington to the Smithsonian in DC. I have two more half marathons coming up this year, in August and October. Hopefully I can crack the barrier this year!
- Completed the minimum requirements of the marine corps fitness test. — I’ve probably made progress on the running portion, but nowhere on the crunch or pull-up test. I should start getting on that…
- Launched teamdone.io — This project has been off-an-on my plate for nearly a year. So far, I haven’t made much progress on it besides mockups I did at the beginning of the year. For now, this project has been put on pause.
- Attended mass at least once a month — Done!
- Blogged monthly — Nope. Only two so far this year. Hope this changes!
For the remainder of the year, I’m going to try to simplify most of my goals into three categories: financial, fitness and personal. Here’s to another six months!